Saturday, February 09, 2008

Thou Shalt Not Covet


Except for when, uh, you do.

J. Crew's website doesn't mention list the version of this cardigan I'm most in love with -- a bright, spring green that almost burns the retinas. It has no pockets and only buttons from the sternum upwards, but it's adorable. And if it weren't $178 (!), I'd be all over it like white on rice.



I have not yet given into the temptation to call-and-drive. (You may remember earlier posts in which I admitted I cannot do any such thing without crashing my car.) And yet, I am smitten with the Jawbone. Truthfully, it is another case of my life-long desire to be a lady Han Solo rising to the surface. Even Slate admits that the Plantronic's Voyager 520 is the better earpiece. But look at the Jawbone! It's so cool and techno looking! Like a Borg headset!



If you're very, very, very quiet, you can just hear the faint whispering plea, coming from Century City. It's a pan of Craft sweetbreads, and they're calling my name. (Note, this is not a picture of sweetbreads. This looks like a piece of pan-roasted sea bass, dressed with lashings of butter and some thyme, and is probably also delish.) Seriously, I could really go for a pan of sweetbreads right now. Mmm...thymus.

No comments: