Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Best Things About 2007

I am addicted to the iPod Nike +. I bought it on Black Friday 2006, and December 2006 was such a blur, it barely got any use. But since then, I've become obsessed with keeping the little sensor strapped to whatever pair of shoes I'm wearing at the time. So much so that I actually exhausted the battery on the sensor in just over a year of use and had to buy a replacement.

I tip my hat to the U.S. Postal Service and its $4.60 Priority Mail. Something like a dozen or more packages left Santa Monica for points east this month, and thanks to Priority Mail, they all arrived in a timely fashion for not a lot of cash. It almost makes up for the fact that 90% of my Christmas stamps are now 2 cents short of official postage, thanks to recent rate hikes.

My Treo 755p. Totally exceeded all my expectations. And thanks to Google Maps and its traffic feature, I now no longer need or want a GPS unit. As the young people say, WOOT!

Bobbi Brown Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Raspberry. Bought one, lost it, and promptly stocked up on three more tubes so I'd never be without it again. Like a classy black tube of Chapstick, with just enough color to keep me from looking washed out. If BB discontinues this item, I cannot vouch for her personal safety.

Vanilla Bakery macaroons. At this exact second, we are still well stocked on cookies of all kinds, but when this era of sugar largess passes, I know Vanilla will be there for me, with their excellent coffee and pistachio cookies.

And the very best thing about 2007, for the eighth year running: MG, who continues to shatter all previously held records for Awesomeness in the Field of Husbandly Arts. This year's secret weapon: Horn rim glasses that make him look like the illegitimate son of Ewan McGregor and Marcello Mastroianni's disturbingly handsome sister.

No comments: