Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Two Postings in a Single Week? Am I Drunk?


Yes, I am. Drunk with power.

First, my tale of messenger bag-related hijinks is on The Consumerist,
here. I have, at last, outed myself as the world's crotchetiest customer service email-er. It was just such a salty missive to Randy Cohen when he was editing News Quiz for Slate that forced him to give me Michael's email address, just so I would leave him alone for a few hours. (On the week in question, I was ticked off because he was linking to a trivia quiz about dental hygiene, when I, loyal reader and contributor, worked night and day on the vastly slicker and funnier online version of You Don't Know Jack.)

The take away from this? If you're looking for the love of your life, write testy emails to professional journalists and watch the romance pile up!


Second: It's a new day, and a new construction noise du jour. Today's selection: Robot lullaby. Grinding, yet somehow...sonorous.

No comments: