Tuesday, February 12, 2008

C U L8r

Yes, I'm aware. I've fallen off the blog train.

Sunday was spent, shockingly, with MG. I know that's terribly old school to spend the weekend with your spouse, but that's how it rolls in our particular hizzy.

Some recent highlights:

* Borrowed a screener of "There Will Be Blood." All possibility of buying tickets went out the window when the writers' room spoiled 70% of the plot last Tuesday. I'm all for supporting the arts and not abusing academy screeners, but no way am I buying $22 worth of tickets when I already know 70% of the story.

* Am in the middle of a three day long craving for these wee Fannie Mae mints. Not Mint Meltaways, but the tiny chocolate/mint/chocolate sandwiches they sell in little paper cups, usually in a box with paper cups of something they call Peppermint Ice. Lucky for me, Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and last time I checked, the Valentine's Fairy does most of her shopping at Fannie Mae.

* Woke up at 6 this morning in preparation for an early morning phone call with an expert. (And wouldn't you like to know what kind of expert? Well too bad, because I'm not telling. Hahahahahahahaha!) Then, dear readers, I drove to the dentist for an 8 a.m. filling, with complimentary dose of novacaine. Then I jumped in my car and drove in to work, did some light research, and then spent the next eight hours in The Room, taking notes. (With a short break for some WGA-award-celebrating bubbly.)

And now I'm going home, maybe watch some "Breaking Bad", and if yesterday is any indication, hit the sack by 10:15 p.m.

P.S. I've been forced to log into iChat from inside the writers' room, in order to communicate with the other assistants. But if you know me and see me on your chat service, for the love of God, please ignore me. Somebody might have the balls to IM their buddies when they're supposed to be typing notes, but that person is not me.

No comments: