Tuesday, February 05, 2008

More Crazy New Trends

* Getting up at 7 a.m. to go for a walk around the neighborhood before voting. Because if I don't start getting more exercise, I think I might die.

* Planning my entire wardrobe for the week, down to socks and shoes on Sunday night. Because I can't think about that stuff in the morning.

* Going to bed at 10:30 or 11, in a desperate attempt to actually get enough sleep.

* Setting out a pill-keeper with 7 days worth of vitamins. See earlier remarks about not being about not being able to risk getting sick.

* Leaving work at 7 p.m. when I still have another hour of copying, because I won't be any use to anyone if I get burned out in the second week of my job.

* Not eating any more Krispy Kreme doughnuts, because I'd rather break a femur than go through a bad sugar crash.

Who is this strange woman walking around in my Danskos, answering to my name? It seems like should be me, but... I've never passed up a Krispy Kreme doughnut in my life.

P.S. My doppelganger and myself both voted for Obama, albeit just the once. So don't blame me if he doesn't carry the state. I did my very best, and that's saying something in a town that, after three elections, suddenly moved every single polling station in 90403 to a new location. WTF, Santa Monica? Way to confuse a crap ton of senior citizens.

No comments: