Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brave New World

I'm having a great, but very strange week.

1. After six months of sitting on my counter, the Costco vats o' vitamins were finally cracked open last night, as I realized that I have to do everything in my power to stay healthy.

2. Forty-five minutes into my third morning commute, I started calculating exactly how early I'd have to go to bed in order to start for work @ 7 a.m. instead of 8. Yeah, I'm actually contemplating getting up earlier. (Man, I frickin' hate traffic.)

3. I am three for three with healthy, low fat, low carb lunches. (Today, salmon. Yesterday and Monday, salad with chicken.) I can't risk a blood sugar crash any more than a head cold. Also, I'm hoping the Omega-3s in the salmon will keep my neurons nice 'n speedy.

4. After months of car rides with Trashy Audio Books and bedtime solitaire, I am temporarily happy to ride in complete silence, to fall into bed without an iPod nano. Even in my traffic-y commute, I'm not bored or frustrated. Nor do I lie awake at night, unable to sleep. I am content.

Jeez oh pete. I'm happy.

No comments: