Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Done and ... Let Me Get Back to You on That

Hitchcock paper is written, proofed (thanks Michael!), printed out and in my bag as I sit in the Student Production Office. It doesn't have page numbers, thanks to a last minute bug with Word for Mac (boo!), but is otherwise in good shape.

I fairly itch to work on a) my pilot and b) a third pass on my Grey's spec, but alas, I have to go attend the final Hitchcock lecture.

In the meantime, here's a line of dialogue overheard at the cafeteria. The speaker is a young woman, around 20, addressing a table of mixed gender friends.

"You guys, don't I totally seem like the sequin type?"

This comment was met with universal agreement, and then the discussion turned to "nudist phases," which everyone at the table admitted to having at some point in their early years. I can only assume that conversations of this type are blooming all over campus, as people are forging the kind of earnest, unshatterable friendships that come out of trading slightly embarrassing anecdotes while under tremendous amounts of stress.

Unless, of course, you're a graduate student in the writing program, in which case you eat by yourself so you can hurry out to your car afterwards and grab your laptop for a quick 15 minutes of blogging before class.

No comments: