Thursday, November 30, 2006

It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over

Wow, how about this crazy month of blog posts? And all while writing two spec scripts and a term paper about Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock? Whoa.

I totally owe my professor an apology. Contrary to my smart ass remarks in class, blogging did NOT slow down my work on other projects or distract me. In fact, it often served as a warm up/reassurance that I always have something to say. Not always something smart or useful or funny, but at least it's something. And isn't that the reasoning that launched a thousand blogs?

My professor's other big point was that a writer's blog is a valuable tool for promoting the writer. I'm not sure Cali-for-nyaaah really proves that point, but by way of apologizing for doubting him earlier, I will embrace this advice as well.

In these crazy days of YouTube and the like, this isn't quite the novel idea it was when we first made it, but I'm still terribly proud of this short film, made with my fellow members of Teatro Bastardo. In my most hopeful moments, I dream of selling a pilot to the CW, getting my tv prof to come on as the show runner and hiring all the Bastards to 20 week writing contracts.

I miss those guys like crazy, and never more than when I watch this video and remember the day we sat around the table brainstorming an idea that, frankly, was in terribly bad taste when we started, and probably still isn't particularly appropriate.

Ah, fuck appropriate.

P.S. You'll need Windows Media Player.

No comments: