Wednesday, November 22, 2006

If I Were Behind On My Term Paper

I personally love the title of OJ Simpson's now cancelled book, "If I Did It." I imagine it took them a while to narrow it down from the various also-rans:

"If I Had Done It"
"If I Were a Murderer--and I'm Not Saying I Am."
"Hypothetically Speaking, If I Wanted to Kill My Ex-Wife and Her Friend..."
"Maybe I Did...and Maybe I Did"
"I'm Not Saying, I'm Just Saying."
"Okay, Let's Say I Did It"

Can we therefore expect more such titles from ReganBooks? Personally, I'd love to read...

"If I Did Steal Two Elections" by Karl Rove
"If I Had Used Steroids" by Mark McGwire
"If I Had Boned My Intern" by Bill Clinton
"If I Am An Ass Hat," by Rush Limbaugh
"If It Was a Giant Mistake to Invade Iraq," by Donald Rumsfeld
"If I Had Married Liza for Her Money," by David Gest
"If I Had Married Brittany for Her Money," by K-Fed
"If I Had Married Katie to Fight Rumors I Am Gay (Because I Totally Am Not Gay at All)," by Tom Cruise

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, dear, maybe this isn't the PERFECT time/place to tell you this, but I wrote that last one.

Kate said...

Ah, crap.