Monday, November 19, 2007

Dear Diary...

I woke up today feeling very grumpy about my screenplay, if by grumpy you mean so consumed with despair that your hands shake and you give serious thought to maybe just going back to bed until, um, January.

But since I was up, I went to the Assistants Rally @ Fox, where I saw Matt Groening (!) and Joss Whedon (!!) and my once-and-future-boss Matt (!!!), plus some friendly fellow assistants and some wee boxes of Milk Duds. (I mostly "saw" those wee boxes of Milk Duds with the back of my throat and the inside of my stomach.)

Afterwards, Matt invited his assistants out to lunch, so we joined up with the various producers and assistants of "The Riches" and went over to Westwood. The irony being that, technically, you don't have to feed me if you let me talk to writers for an hour and half. But since it was a restaurant, I tried to blend in. You know, when in Rome.

In the end Eddie Izzard picked up the tab, but it was extraordinarily generous of Matt to invite us, and of course, he had no way of knowing that a novocaine-addled British actor would swoop in at the last minute. (Mr. Izzard had an extensive root canal this morning. After which he attended a WGA rally. Talk about solidarity.)

And so, I am no longer consumed with terminal screenplay related grumpiness. I hope this mood swing lasts through the weekend, because I'm pretty sure I can't expect famous people to buy me lunch *everytime* I'm feeling down in the dumps.

No comments: