Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fight the Power!

I will be resuming the "Perfect City" posts soon, but I had to pass this along:

Just spent the morning picketing Universal with the writing staffs of "Battlestar Galactica," "Law & Order: SVU" and "Carpoolers." The writers could not have been nicer or more welcoming, and everyone made a point of inviting me to join the email list so I would know about future demonstrations. Also, I scored some free pizza.

If you're an aspiring writer, I highly recommend checking out Jane Espenson's blog for the latest on where she's picketing and when. Even if you just stop by with cookies and some words of encouragement, your support is incredibly welcome. And if you decide to stay and carry a sign, so much the better!

Tomorrow, Friday Nov. 9, there's going to be a Guild-wide rally in front of Fox Studios (Pico and Motor), starting at 10 a.m. Assistants and SAG folks are encouraged to attend, but no matter who you are, if you support the writers, consider yourself invited.

No comments: