Sunday, November 04, 2007

What Am I Doing This Week?

I have no idea.

No, wait, let me revise that statement.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to Costco tomorrow to buy another supervat of Tide, and subsequently doing a crap-ton of laundry downstairs.

Also, I will be spending all my free time (when I'm not fulfilling the requirements of NaBloPoMo) working on a rewrite of my thesis screenplay. When the rewrite is done and turned in, I will have completed all the necessary requirements to complete my MFA. So that's definitely on the list.

But, say, for example, am I going to get up at 7 a.m. Wednesday and drive downtown for my first official day as a full-time writers' assistant? I don't know.

Or maybe I'll have the whole day to work on my own stuff? Maybe, maybe not.

Then again, maybe my boss will call and ask me if I'd like to come over to his place and help him with some spec projects he's been toying with. Very possible, but then again, who knows?

As of this exact second, the entire striking membership of the WGA is planning to show up tomorrow at one of the designated picket lines and do a four-hour stint in front of various studios and production facilities. (And maybe corporate offices? I dunno.) But at the same time, it's an open secret that quiet discussions are taking place behind the scenes, in a desperate attempt to stop the strike before it starts.

Will the talks work? Will the talks fail? Am I fully employed or a part-time assistant?

Wait, let's ask the Magic 8 Ball...

Outcome unclear.

Dammit.

No comments: